Thread: Shoes
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 01:03 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Snoopy, I'm wodering if this is related to the "foot assessment" I had on my daughter.

I bought her expensive running shoes, as she does core training for ball. Her trainer said they were not satisfactory, as she needed to buy one of the "preferred" brands (going on memory ~ which isn't great ~ I think it was either of Asiacs or Mitzuno). They wanted up to $300 for a pair of those!

I spent considerable time talking to a "foot assessor" at the sports shop, and it seems that these manufacturers now make runners that have special support in various locations of the sole. Depending on your problem (if you tend to walk with your knees together, or put most of your weight to the outside, etc.), they make runners that will support and retrain the foot.

My daughter was assessed, and we figured out what "her" issue was (can't remember though). There is a "standard" support shoe, which is ok for everyone, but if you want the best bang for your buck, an assessment is advised. I do think there is some merit to that . . . well at least I bought into it . . . and we did get her the 'special need' shoe. It cost about $50 more, but her running time, spasms, muscle pain, and injuries have improved CONSIDERABLY since then.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
Snoopy (07-11-2008)