View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 09:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

((((((Keggy)))))),

Isn't it amazing how 'things' seem to sometimes just FIT TOGETHER so well.

Like: your Grandpa knew that you *really wanted* the painting; he kept it in a safe place until you were ready (and financially able) to give it a proper hanging.

Sometimes -- sometimes -- when you really pay attention to what's going on around you, you can see so many wonderful and miraculous things all coming together in time and in location to fit one purpose.

I missed my bus home once when I was working. So, I decided to go down to Harvard Square and catch another bus. There was a pervert there dropping his trousers to the music (I guess he though he was 'dancing'). So ... by the time I got the police to come over and scoop him up, I missed another bus.

Then, the elevator in the subway station was not working.

So...I started walking down the stairs to the subway. There was an old man (mid 70s at least) walking down the stairs in front of me. He stepped on one of those flyers that they're always handing out and started to fall head-first downstairs.

I grabbed him (thank God for my home health aide training) and screamed for the man and woman in front of him on the stairs to grab him too. All three of us caught him. The guy in front wanted to wait like that until security came. I said the guy's gonna pass out -- he's upside down. So, because of my home health aide training, I knew how to flip him while hanging onto him and sat him on the steps between my legs. His heart was pounding so hard, I thought he was going to stroke out.

If I hadn't missed two buses and ran into one pervert and two police officers and one broken elevator. AND, if the other two people hadn't been on the steps in front of the old man, I would not have been able to catch him by myself.

And he would have fallen head-first down two flights of steep stairs. I shudder to think what would have happened to him. So, the four of us (with some side characters thrown in) all came together in space and in time to save that old man's life

There's so much "fitting together" of circumstances in our lives, it's really amazing.

And, still, I sit here with my mouth hanging open, 'cause your Grandpa figured out a good and safe way to store a beloved painting until you were ready for it.

Ain't life grand

BIG HUGS.

Barbara

PS: You should pay attention the animals when they're behaving differently -- they could be there with a message for you!!
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote