View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 06:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I have also recently been diagnosed with MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie S View Post
I don't really understand what is happening to my body. I have just been diagnosed (after many years) with Myasthenia Gravis. They just started me on Mestinon. Can anyone out there tell me what to expect. I am feeling the fear of it all right now and am very depressed!

I was also recently diagnosed with MG after about 1 year. It was terrifying at first, but as long as you have a good doctor you'll be fine. I've had several IV IG treatments and they were the best! I also recently underwent a thymectomy and hope to be in remission soon. What tests have your doctor performed on you? Mestinon was a life saver in my case! I finally had energy - it was the best! It may upset your stomach a little bit, but trust me it is well worth it! I was finally able to swallow, walk and see for the first time in a while. I am also on steroids (60mg per day) but will be reduced to 50 mg tomorrow. The steroids are what really made a difference in my life. Please take care of yourself and know that you are not alone.
erinhermes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote