View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 07:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default wanted to see how the IV IG treamtments went

I am new to this site - in fact I started today - and read your blog. How did your IV IG turn out? Mine was AMAZING! I actually felt better almost immediately and was able to eat for the first time in a month! I had a thymectomy on April 22 and am looking forward to remission, though I am still on 60 mg. of steroids a day, as well as 420 mg of Mestinon, however my dosage will be reduced tomorrow..........I wish you all the best! I hope your IV IG treatment was as successful as mine! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylee View Post
Hi All,
I went back to see my neurologist today. He is concerned about my continued symptoms and feels that it is time to be more aggressive w/ my treatment. He believes that mestinon alone is not effective. I went for blood tests, & if it all comes back ok, he will schedule me for IVIG treatments. Has anyone experienced this? Did it help? Side effects? I am very down tonight. I will be ok, & I will face this with courage and determination, but right now I am not there. I am scared, upset, and frustrated. I just don't want to put my husband, or my 2 young boys through anymore! Any insight would be welcomed and appreciated!!!
Thanks,
Nancy Lee
erinhermes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote