View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 07:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterMyNap View Post
Geez, was he drunk? Don't you get to pick the doc who delivers her? This sounds like a job for Chrappy. Chris? Get up to PA in time to do the deed and welcome the little turtle into this world!

Glad you two are doing well, Turt!
Hello Turtle,
A woman is typically pregnant for 40 weeks. Week one starts from the first day of your last menstrual period. So, in reality you are pregnant for MORE than 9 months. Ultrasounds (unless they are the 3D type) are always within 2 weeks of your due date. Meaning they can be two weeks early, or two weeks late.

As far as the cord blood donation, our office waits until the beginning of the last trimester to have you fill out the forms for them. Every office and every hospital is different. I don't know what the procedure is for your hospital's L&D unit is. Try not to be too upset with the OB. He may have been up all night delivering. That is why I now take the day after call off. I was not up to snuff after being up the night before, and it was showing in my work.

It sounds as if you are right on track, and that both you and baby are tolerating this pregnancy well. Good movement is always a good sign. Your baby was doing it's own stress test today. Good luck to you. I hope your pregnancy continues as is. There are pregnancy calendars on the net where you can put in the date of your last menses, and you will get your estimated date of gestation.
*I don't have my pregnancy wheel with me right now. It's in the office. If you want, you can either google one, or message me, and I will find out for you.

All the best to you and "fetus turtle",

Chris

Chris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
turtle_78 (07-16-2008)