View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 07:30 PM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Tests

Hi, I'm sure you'll have more technical people respond..... but your test looks like mine did early on - a primarily sensory nueropathy with motor involvement too... I have absent sensory nerves and when the docs look at the biopsy done (I had a sural nerve - which shows large and small fibers - I believe a skin biopsy will show the same type damage but not small fiber biopsy?).... anyway, I have almost a complelete loss of large mylinated nerve fibers and also loss of some small mylinated (accounting for the sensory loss) - and also not such a drastic loss of unmylinated fibers both small and large, and nerve axon degerneration all through the nerve.... this confirmed the damage more conicisely then the NCS-EMG - of which I've more then a few - the expertise of the doc doing the test and their ability to interpret the results is very important.

In short, yes, sounds like you definately have a neropathy (and as your hands/arms are also affected) - "poly neuropathy"....

I've had most of the tests that have applied to these symtoms on the "lizajane" spreadsheets - tried IVIG - and finally have a diagosis of a genetic form of the disease... the important thing is now that your docs continue to do tests they can - if the cause can be found and treated in some way - you are way ahead of the game....

Hang in there - do you have appt to see neuro for more testing and discusss results??????
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lynxgal (07-13-2008)