View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 10:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm reading what you wrote here and I see you describe rsd discoloration! The pale as a corpse arm, that's what my leg used to look like when I elevated it. When I put the leg down, like sit in a chair or standing that's when it would turn all purply and blue. The arms tend to not discolor as much because of it being elevated all the time! I have rsd in both arms and hands. The only time they discolor is when i let them hang down by my body.

Every symptom you list is RSD. If you've been dx'd by a doc then don't pay any attention to the ot. They like to think they are doctors and give an opinion when they don't know diddly! Their information is usually because they read something and if you don't have all of the symptoms they read about then you don't have or can't have rsd. BULL!!

You do not have to have every symptom listed. My leg swelled horribly in the beginning but after I learned to walk again, the swelling disappeared completely and didn't come back! The only thing I have in the way of swelling now is minor and only in my ankles.

Don't let this person make you doubt your dx. Listen to your doc. If this OT insists on giving a "diagnosis" then demand another OT. You could also just tell this person that you most certainly DO have rsd, you have a very competent doctor and if he/she wants to dispute your diagnosis then he/she should talk to your doctor about it! People like that burn by butt.

Big Hugs,

Karen

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.
GalenaFaolan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sandel (07-10-2008)