View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 08:13 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

My first symptom was noted by my most awesome Internist...loved her...in 1989. Which means that my symptoms pre-dated that by some period of time.
  • I would have paid closer attention to my financial life, especially since I am a single person.
  • I would have "listened" to the 401(k) warnings at work...join, join, join...save, save, save...not just a few dollars at a time, but 15/20% of my gross income. Something I wish I had to fall back upon NOW.
  • I would have paid closer attention to the "advertisements" at work about LTD sooner.
  • I would have stayed as fit as I had been prior to 1987. I stopped exercising for the usual excuse, I don't have time...my work hours don't allow time...etc.

I only became a participant in LTD when I assumed responsibility for a company plan at my last job. Never dawned on me that I would be a beneficiary one day. But, without the LTD, I would never be able to support myself solely on SSDI, which is only 50% of my income today, combining with my LTD benefits.

I can't say much more that that, since I began my research in to "what is this" as soon as my Internist began to become concerned, which did take her a few months of checking me out from time to to time. I began seeing the MDC at USF in Tampa in 1993, and have been with an MDC every since; currently at the Univ of Maryland, Baltimore.

I don't have many regrets about life...couldn't do much about them it I did.
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote