View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 11:43 PM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Tests

Hi again,

I'm not sure from your tests - your doc I think would be able to tell.. I have total demylination in that the most of the nerve fibers with mylination on them just up and left town...... (I have no feeling on my skin on almost my whole body - just had an iv stick today and felt absolutely nothing).

The diagnosis I'm now getting is Hereditatry Sensory, Autonomic, and Motor Neropathy.. In the past they have suspected paraneoplastic (and still wont rule out completely) - and auto-immune PN's like Sjogrens - had a salivary gland biopsy - lots of blood work - and CIDP diagnosis even though the blood work and lumbar puncture didnt indicate it....

The autonomic portion affects my digestion (stomach doesnt work - "gastropareis") so live on fluids only and also my heart - but the heart problems are being controlled with meds at a satisfactory level for now..... just have to keep an eye on it....

Have you checked out the "stickies" at the top of the thread? Theres lots of great information and will help when you see the doc with questions, etc...

BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lynxgal (07-13-2008)