View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 09:30 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Smile Hi GJZH...

Definitely, as everyone one else has said, take the time to learn. You will not regret it, I promise you.

I've studied it for years now, and the most common hypothesis I keep encountering is that FMS is most likely caused by any prior condition that continuously interrupts stage IV sleep in a person for a long period of time. It (the triggering condition) can be physical or psychological. OA would definitely fit the category.

The most definitive symptom of FMS are the tender points that develop on very specific areas of the body. You can find "maps" of these tender point locations in the books that have been mentioned, or on one of several good websites on the internet. You can use these maps to explore your body for yourself. Using your fingertips, gently probe to find if and how many of these tender points you have. They generally feel like a small, very tender bruise just below the skin. Don't do like I did the first time and keep pressing them again and again to reassure yourself, though. You'll wake up the next morning hurting all over.

It is possible to have fibro-symptoms without having the condition itself, but the tender points are fairly indicative, if you have at least eleven of them. You can have fewer and still have FMS, but if you have that many...

Good luck with everything...
Idealist
Idealist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote