View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 09:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've done the rounds of most meds that are available to us, over my 6 years of rsd. Here's my list: (Bear in mind some of these have the Australian names, you might know them as a different name) .........

Medications:
  • Anti-convulsants: Neuronting, Topamax, Lyrica
  • Antidepressants: Lexapro, Zoloft, Endep (Amitriptyline), Cipramil
  • Muscle Relaxants: Baclofen
  • Analgesics (for breakthru pain): Panadeine Forte, Nurofen Plus, Digesic, Tramal
  • Opioid Based: Oxycodone, MS Contin
  • NSAIDS: About 9 different types- most aren't available anymore coz of longterm side effects
  • Other: Mexitil, Zomig

Treatments:
  • SG Block- no pain relief but was tried for the first time at the 3 year mark so not expected to be great, new dr just wanted to give it a try
  • 4 cortisone injections- (for frozen shoulder as a result of my rsd)
  • 3 ketamine infusions- (7 day awake technique each time). 1st one- 30 days total pain relief, 2nd one- 10 months lower pain levels (occasionally had flare ups but otherwise had little to no pain most of the time), 4th one- no pain relief, stopped due to liver function problems which have since resolved.
  • 1 magnesium infusion- (no obvious relief but can help over time with internal strengthening issues etc)

I'm currently on 225mg Lyrica, 50mg Endep each day. Lyrica doesn't do anything at all. I started the endep after being on the lyrica for 4 weeks, and it was only then that I started getting breaks from the high level pain. So I'll come off the Lyrica after seeing my pain dr next.

For breakthru pain I take 10mg endone and rest with a heat pack on the sore area if I can handle the touch.

I use crutches to walk most of the time, but do physio exercises daily to help strengthen my arm and leg. I know physio works because I don't have a frozen shoulder anymore, I have great range of motion (though not as good as my other arm) in my shoulder, its just my lower arm thats buggered, and my leg movement, so I'm working on that.

x Kate
vintagewine (06-01-2015)