View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 09:40 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Shelley:

Okay, EXPLAIN WHAT DVR's are. Is this what Tivo is?? I know that it's a hard drive and you get 30 hours of taping and you can watch a show while taping another show. (that is cool). But the whole point of Alan and I using VCR's was that we can EXCHANGE TAPES.

Like he'd be watching NCIS, and I'd be watching my soaps, (on my left set-up), and I'd be taping American Gladiators on my right set-up.

Then when Alan was finished in the Living Room, he would holler "can you give me the American Gladiator tape please?"

See, when you can't go on your foot for months at a time, all the guy had was tv, so this taping was perfect for him.

Since you are all-knowing and wise about dvrs, please give me a quick lesson. I'd appreciate it.

I'm still trying to find a way to program my new Toshiba (which I got yesterday for $25.00) and it works good but had no instruction booklet (now I've never needed any instruction booklet for any VCR, because I KNOW VCR's).

But on the remote, the programming button doesn't work.

If I buy a new universal remote, do you think it would work with my Toshiba?

It's not an OLD machine because on the front it has the red yellow hook-ups, so it's not that ancient.

Do you think I have a shot with a new universal remote, to finally set the time and program this new vcr. It's really a beauty, and I'm not ready to give up VCR's alltogether.

So thanks for any help, and if you can give me a quick (easy to follow) explanation of what DVR's are, I'd much appreciate it.

I know the day is coming when I have to call up Directv and do the dvr thing.

lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote