View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 10:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs down Auto Accident yesterday

Yesterday I was in an auto accident - some teens ran a red light and t-boned my passenger side front wheel. Luckily since it was a side impact and I drive a 2001 vehicle, the air bag DID NOT deploy! I smacked my chest on the steering wheel - miraculously I am only sore, but I am now VERY AWARE of my solar plexus. The paramedics checked me out, no obvious bone issues. Just a cut above my left colarbone where the seat belt got me. And just 4 days ago I bought a seatbelt adjuster so it would not bother me while driving.

Their car's front end is mush - thank God, nobody hurt.

Waahhh! My car was flawless! It fit me so well!! sniffle-snort. I still maintain that Nissans handle wrecks great - excellent crumple zones. If I'd had a passenger they wouldn't have a scratch!

I just left the Allstate appraiser, he thinks it's savlageable... but since it took such a hard impact on the main 'cage' primary structure, it has de-valued the car substantially. I paid $10K used, repairs est. at $4K, and I get a second check for the amount that the car is devalued!

Now I feel like that Toyota Tundra commercial:

"little Timmy is left to fend for himself"
"Now I have to drive Grandma's car to the Prom."

Guess I need to order some cool new window stickers.

"It is what it is."

Last edited by astern; 07-11-2008 at 12:24 PM.
astern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote