Thread: mold-free B12
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 11:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Lightbulb homocysteine?

Thanks. I will look into those links for sure.

I found something yesterday after reading an old thread about types of B12 on here and doing something sniffing around the internet. I wonder if you know any more about it?

I looked up homocysteine and found that the majority of the info is about people with high levels and the implication of heart disease but it made me start wondering about a possible LOW level and if that's problem or not. I found 1 article about a study of low levels and the effect. I turns out that a low level can affect many many systems negatively although it didn't get into specifics (unfortunately). It seems to not be on the average Dr's radar. They use B12 and folic acid to lower homocysteine levels in those with heart disease and in athlete's to increase endurance. It seems that that COULD explain why I felt worse on the B12 and the folic acid and better directly after exercise. The exercise would bring a low level back into range and the supplements would lower it further. Obviously, I'll have to get the level checked anyway to see if it could be a factor or not, but I thought it was interesting and wondered if anybody know any more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsd View Post
issue in the vitamins is anything to worry about.

If you have Candida or other fungal infections, you are swamped by that. The minute amount that may be (or may not be) in the vitamins is minute.

Some people who have methylation issues, have metabolic
intolerances to B12 and folate.
http://www.alternativementalhealth.c...s/pfeiffer.htm

This gets difficult to comprehend...and in my experience is not common.

If you search on www.iherb.com the various manufacturers list on that site-- yeast free. So selecting one of those
would be the way for you to go. You may find them also locally but it is faster to search online first.
example:
http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails....&pid=1202&at=0
dizzie lizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote