View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 09:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

That's so very sweet of you Liz, I thank you for your offer, Austin won't have his computer set up for awhile, about a week or so, but I will let him know.

I do have good news, Austin got a room with a family (single dad with kids and one other roommate 37 yr old hippie type lady) in an old 4 bedroom+ den beach type house 2 blocks from Newport Back Bay. When Austin told him he was hydrocephalic, the father said he had dated a women who had a son who had Hydro, said the boy had memory loss, Austin said he too had short term memory problems, the man talked a while with Austin then asked if Austin was on meds too, Austin explained yes told him about having a deaf ear and the Dad said he had had a heart attack and he too was on some meds, Austin's conditions were Ok with him, we explained the plan of family 30 mins away if Austin had problems and the if it seems really bad 911 it.
Wow I feel much better, Austin has his own room with key locks on the door and the closet and there is a cable box and internet and full use of the house, a 2nd fridge to keep family and roommates food away from kids, it's a funky house but very clean, you can smell the Ocean and there are banana trees in the front yard, oH and it is a 10 min. bus ride to the school, with the bus stop 13 houses away.( the family 30 min's away is a 2 hour bus ride to school for Austin)
I will always worry but I feel this might work well, Austin moved in lightly today and we will move the rest of his stuff in next Sunday.
I wish we lived by a college but the closes one is 45 miles down a MNT with no bus system so Austin must live away from us I am so worried, but this is his dream and his goal so onward and forward Austin
Nothing is ever easy for Austin, but he keep on keepin on
love to you all
Deborah
Austinsmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote