View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

An article on the top three country paint colors

These American Country Paint colors are perfect for the kitchen, a living room, or even the bedroom. If you love the American country style of decorating, but have had a little trouble picking out great paint colors, then these should help to get you started.

Here is a look at 3 easy to decorate with American Country Paint colors:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ors.html?cat=6

looking at the rooms....

For the bedroom I think a celery green might be nice. Or a very nice light sky blue. Light enough that its neutral and light. You want the bedrom to be soothing and happy when you walk in. Both those colors are cooling.

In the living room, maybe more of a grey green would be nice and add color but again keep it neutral.

I totally think you could totally do a orange in the office....its a tough color so it s needs to be the right shade. I would go lighter and muted and warm it up with some medium to dark wood tones in the furniture.

Also you have some sloped ceilings. Sometimes if you carry the color to the ceiling it makes the rooms look larger.

I love the color of the beams right now in the living room. Beautiful.

Another thought for the living room or the bedroom is a very nice light sand color...very zen and soothing.

Some other thoughts....whatever the color for the living room on the wall to the right in the pic, extend it through to the kitchen for a uniform look. And then you maybe able to leave the other wall in the living room white or another complimentary color. Like the idea of an accent wall.

God I watch way too much HGTV

Last edited by watsonsh; 07-11-2008 at 02:11 PM.
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
TwoKidsTwoCats (07-11-2008)