View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I almost feel as if I can't add much?

Other than some small reassurance that based on those test results SOMETHING IS WRONG. And, that it sounds as if your docs are moving on it. Albiet far too slowly for your tastes. That happens to all of us tho. I will say tho, once you get 'in the door'? You will be IN! My own nerve tests stated severely slowed to non-existent conductions and amplitudes. I've not had to have a skin biopsy as no one has suggested that, and refused outright the sural biopsy because the docs just seemed to eager to get it on their resumes [REALLY!] When all other test criteria had been met. I'd like to hold that one out as a very last resort when/if needed.
I think ages ago I posted something about 'interpreting' nerve studies, but it was all Greek to me other than the summary which, like yours, said: Not good.
DO keep in mind that you are very lucky in ways? Tho you mite not feel so.... in that it's been only a year plus and you are actually getting the plethora of testings you need! So many here and elsewhere have been shuttled around from doc to doc or been ignored while damage was being done-at least your docs are trying?! IN the meantime, pain is pain and usually constant, treatment is lame until a solid diagnosis and guess who suffers in the interim?
Be patient? Maybe the next time you call the neuro see if they can put you in a cancelled appt-that usually means you would have to go at the drop of a hat...but-
Hugs and hope and soon! -s - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lynxgal (07-13-2008)