View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 11:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa I View Post
I am a non-sufferer but I love an causalgia sufferer. This disease scares the beejeebee's out of me. I once read that it is called the "suicide disease" because of the agony. I try my best to be supportive of my husband but don't always know what the right thing to do is. I read these posts, do lots of online research. I got him to agree to see a neurosurgeon next week but the other day he seemed to do an about face and started to tell me that he was not getting a spinal stimulator and has totally shut down. He won't read up on this disease and just tries to live his life as best he can. I seem to walk a fine line between trying to help him without being pushy because it is afterall his body and his pain. But it does affect our marriage and me in other ways. My mom died 6 weeks before my husband's surgery that caused the causalgia and then 6 months after that my sister was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. She has since died. All of this has been a great emotional toll on me and I'm the only one working and carrying the family. It's hard on everyone. I know my pain is nothing like his physical pain and I truly support him 100% and never doubt his pain. This disease needs to be out in the public. People just don't know how physically, emotionally, financially, spiritually painful this disease is. It's a nightmare that never ends. I sincerely hope each and everyone of you become pain free.
Your husband is very lucky to have so much support and understanding.

I've found things much easier to deal with once I gave into it. I don't know if this will help or hurt anyone else but once accepting my old life is gone I've begun trying to build a new one. I still find joy it's just in different places and at a lower speed.
Imahotep is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote