View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 11:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hi welcome

hi and welcome.
sorry to have to say welcome but you are in the right place! Sure sounds like tos to me. I am also a nurse and lifted a patient up with my arm under their armpit off a toilet and wrecked my neck back and shoulder only to discover cervical ribs as well. I've vascular and neurogenic tos.

Where are you located this will help to find the right docs for you. A neurologist is a must to do an EMG. You also may need a physiatrist to get a diagnosis and them to do the tests that will confirm tos. There are a few.....alll of this is a syndrome and is a diagnosis of exclusion.

You may need to see a vascular surgeon (who did my rib surgery....had the first one removed to make room for the vascular structures to flow) Help vascular not neuro or muscular. Had six months pain free then physio wrecked the surgery.

enough about me.
you will need a veinogram to see if you are vascularly comprimised as well.

these are only a few of the tests to see what is going on.
there are post it notes at the top of the forum that tells you what state has what doctors or province if you are in canada if you are I may be able to help. I am in Calgary was in Hamilton (close to toronto)

somebody else may help if they are in your state or province.....neeed more info form you.

take care and again welcome you are in the right place....VENT away let it all out!!!!!!

take care,
love and hugs,
Victoria

How poor are they who have not patience!
What wound did ever heal but by degrees.

gibbrn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote