View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 01:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd42 View Post
I'm one year into my PD reality and was curious, those of you that have been living with PD for some time now, would you do anything different if you could go back to the time of your diagnosis?

I guess I'm looking for advice, I feel like I'm watching my life rapidly slip away, can't play one handed guitar, competitive sports are getting dangerous for me. I'm 31 and ****** about the things a could do a year ago and can't now. And when I try to focus on the things I can do I still get angry. It's like I got off the my train early and it's rushing away.

Robert
aka Robbbbeert, Rrrroberttt
Hi Robert,
You have every right to be ****** off, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The best thing said to me was by an eminent neurologist in the early days of being diagnosed it was "I've no doubt you've shed many tears over this and you have every right."
Anyway I'm pretty well over that now but even now 12 yrs later I distinctly remember the early days as being the hardest.
I was 35 and thought my life was over.
Things I would do differently?
Not take an agonist! Found it made little difference to P.D. symptoms whether I took it or not but my thinking and reasoning went back to normal without it.
Wish I'd started on a little sinemet in order to function better. I left the sinemet for five yrs after diagnosis and should have taken it sooner.
The thing I'll be eternally grateful for and the bottom line Robert is, my life is great now. Two and a half yrs ago I had DBS. I can function well and often now I'll be doing something that it got to the stage pre DBS that I couldn't do or did with a lot of effort and be so thankful for being able to move well again. Sure its not perfect or ideal but like I said I'm eternally grateful to be able to do whatever whenever again.
Hope I haven't bored you too much with my history but there is life after a young onset P.D. diagnosis.
Cheers,
Lee
made it up is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote