View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 06:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Light sensitive

Hi Sue, its interesting you say that, its hard for me to say as rsd also makes me sensitive to light. I have tried my best to really limit my diet soda as the caffenine is not good for rsd either. It sounds like ,if these do end up being sz for me , that the do's and donts coould be similar to those that I already have to follow for RSD. That would be nice! It would certainly make life simpler. Thank you again Sue, I will let you know how appt. goes.Hope all is well with you, Sincerely, Lisle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkette View Post
Hi CZ,
How are you doing? I wanted to let you know another thing that can trigger sz. for some people is if they drink to much fluids especially in the warmer weather. When a person drinks a lot of soda, ice tea, water etc. the extra fluids in the body can trigger sz. for some people. Another thing that can sometimes trigger sz. is flashing bright lights like strobe lights. Yrs. ago when the old apple 2E computer was big I used to type and the florescent green on the monitor would trigger sz. for me after being on it for 5 min. My epi (Epileptologist) did a special e.e.g on me where the flashed different color strobe lights one at a time and they found that the colors florscent green, amber, and bright white (like the sun shining on the snow.) would trigger sz. for me. Other things that can trigger sz. for some people is when they bathe the hot water from the tub or shower will hit their head or bother their body triggering sz. I have noticed that I have more sz. in the fall and winter compared to the spring and summer these are known as seasonal sz. and the reason why it happens is because there's less sunlight and seriton (sp?) during the fall and winter compared to the spring and summer. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
CZZ74 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote