View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 06:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad77 View Post
To irisheyes71,
My arachnoid cyst was discovered at the age of five after a lose of balance and other symptoms at which time i had a shunt put in and it's been in now for 25 years. In this time i have had next to no trouble or effects from this op. or condition....My shunt was lenghtined at the age of 12 and so far created no problems. I have lived a normal life and been involved in many sports etc. that may have tested the shunt & cyst. I have been to the doctors on some occasion's due to headache's and some minor symptoms to be told all is well. This is my experience with the condition and i can't say if it is consistant with other peoples experience, but hopefully the young lady in question has a full and enjoyable life. All the Best
Brad can I ask you a few q's please? Where was your cyst located? Was it small or large? Can you describe the problems you experienced with regards to your balance? The reason I am asking is I have an arachnoid cyst in the front left of my brain and just in the last few weeks have had a shunt placed inside the cyst as I am experiencing great difficulty with my balance but I am yet to see an improvement. Thanks v much
Mick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote