View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 02:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Melody: Good he's seeing a neurosurgeon. As you might imagine, this winter I consulted a lot of the best spine surgeons around here, and have a short list. If you are itnerested in anything or anyone in NY, I might be able to offer some thoughts. PM me if you want to talk spine surgeons, okay?

also, it's interseting the Requip worked when he doesn't have restless legs. I don't kow how sedating it is. Don't know much about it. But I have an opinion on Xanax and Lorazepam (Ativan) for sleep, and it's negative. There are safer options. Ambien is good; if you want a benzo to relax the nerves literally, Klonopin is god; Elavil is good to deepen sleep, and Trazodone works wonders for many people. So there are a lot of choices, and he does deserve to sleep, as you do. But I think you're both better off taking something which isn't as habit-forming and hard to stop as xanax or ativan. Even the old-fashioned Restoril is better. But if Ambien doesn't work, and Klonopin (which is really helpful for nerve pain---it's what I take) doesn't work, Trazodone is still very likely to. Again, safer.

--- LYME neuropathy diagnosed in 2009; considered "idiopathic" neuropathy 1996 - 2009
---s/p laminectomy and fusion L3/4/5 Feb 2006 for a synovial spinal cyst
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote