View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 10:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm sure all of you know that neuropathy can be a side effect of Ultram. I had taken it for 10 years for pain management of another problem and have wondered if it did not cause my neuropathy. I'll never know. Almost weekly another drug is black boxed for serious side effects. This week its Cipro (ant-biotic) which is causing Achilles rupture or tendinitis. Who would think a anti-biotic could cause a tendon rupture ! That's a permanently crippling problem.
I believe some day we'll find that many of the recent huge increase in some disease are due to toxins, in our food, drugs, air and of course water.( neurological illnesses , ADHD, autism Etc.) Our fish have such high levels of mercury in them now that there are severe restrictions on how much fish to eat. Did you know it has long been common to add arsenic to chicken feed. I belong to a list serve for organic farmers and they have so much trouble finding "clean" feed for their animals,Same for all farmed fish, contaminated fish feed.
Just venting my frustration about medication and of course the new black box warnings about suicide for Lyrica and Neurotin.
Morphine derivatives have been around a long time yet the American doctors are so restricted in prescribing them because of addiction possibilities. Thats what we're told but the truth is drug companies make huge amounts of money on all the new drugs. The old standbys pay them nothing. Our health care is run by the drug companies not our doctors. See todays NYtimes for more evidence.
So I'm trying to do this without many drugs as besides the above my reactions to these drugs is as unsettling as the illness.
My work is intellectual, I must be alert. I want to be alert and aware.
Now you can see why my doc's are tired of me.
Thanks
savannah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote