Thread: Tn ??
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 10:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Tn ??

ON =Occipital neuralgia-has been one of my big issues but now appears TN back. Return of those pains in face--the intense zaps, stabbing --along w/ burning and other Neuro SX-- is rather depressing . Whole head feels under attack. actually whole body .
many Neuro problems --some w/ specific DX (like ON, cervical dystonia, PCS ) trace back to trauma (accidents, head injuries, etc)
and others w/out definitive DX--SX that mainly mimic MS. what my neuro calls immune mediated polyneuropathy.
multiple , overlapping or concurring conditions - challenge .

New, or returned challenge seems to be TN. or is it another condition?? or does it really matter....
by whatever name/DX --for me problem is PAIN --esp that now occuring in head/neck/face. {for me this area & types of pains hardest to deal with

what to do???

I"ve tried many meds (AED's, antidepressants, RX & OTC pain releivers, etc) for the other "nerve' Pains w/out success. most recent was trileptal.
Injections , blocks, more....varied duration & relief.
Botox was most promising (DX: cervical dystonia got approval --intent was to use for all head pains inc. migraines) but for some reason insurance now denys-- I've been pursuing - for the 'other head pains' -

wondering if anyone has had Botox for TN ??

or if anyone has suggestions, advice/info -experience dealing w/ these pains- multiple neuralgias- affecting head--areas near brain

thanks
wish ALL the Best

Last edited by pono; 07-13-2008 at 06:57 AM. Reason: typo
pono is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote