View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 11:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

HI all. I am so trying to find a place for myself here. Kinda hard when you have so many issues. Chronic pain, yes but gee do I go to the arthritis or Fibro or Chronic pain lol. Hey maybe all three. Not to mention psychological issues.

I guess right now my arthritis is really reaching a point where for me it is what holds me back the most. Lower back, sacrum, had some days where my entire pelvis felt like it was on fire, a truly horrible sensation. Feet, ankles, hands, right knee compliments of an injury I got in 2006. Right shoulder because of same only back when I was about 19. Too bad I didn't know I would pay for throwing myself around when I was young. That's what I get for being a tomboy.

I don't have any pain meds except a couple low dose from an ortho back in Feb. very little effect and used only in an ER and down to the last few.

I finally called my new PM doc, whom I have only seen once, and told him that the new med, Nortriptyline, that we are trying me on for my fibro may not have kicked in yet but it will do nothing for the fact that I can barely move to go to the danged bathroom. I have floors that I cannot remember the last time they were mopped. I have learned to use the hose on the vacuum to sweep them . I hurt everyday, I cry everyday, all the things I love to do, most I have had to give up. I have a 7 yr old and I do not want his memories of his mother to be of her always hurting. He wrote me a scrip after the third degree about my past (yes I have a past, don't most of us). More than what I would have expected of him. I thanked him profusely, if he would have been standing in front of me I woulda crushed him with a hug, bad enough I sobbed on the phone. Now I think I may get that kitchen floor mopped this weekend. No push and crash, just be respectful of my limitations and enjoy the fact that I am going to get some relief for now.

houghchrst is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote