View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 11:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_express_44 View Post
I guess your premiums are either much higher then the "average" blue-liner ($35,000), or you are paying out of pocket/being subsidized in some other way for some of the Tysabri costs then . . .?

I'm curious too though, Vic, you said you hang onto this insurance partially for your wife's sake (don't know the exact wording), so that she may not be left with debt should something happen . . .

If one is on the "public" medical system (whichever one, not with private insurance) would that not cover off all medical expenses in the event of an emergency? What goes down for the people who are disabled and dependant on that system, if something really bad happens? Do they accumulate a debt?

I am always learning something new about how things work down there.

Cherie
My premiums do total more than what the insurance company pays for my medical treatments based on the expense spreadsheet that they have provided to my attorney.

Also, if I was using public assitance, the State of California told me by telephone that they reserve the right to recover any costs to pay for a catastrophic event by attaching a lein on any existing assets (house, cars, bank accounts, stocks, bonds, etc). That was a shocker to me, and I still have not found any clarification of that statement (and it seems contrary to what was told to my parents). As a matter of fact, that conversation alone is a significant reason for me to keep my insurance.
Victor H is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote