View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 11:51 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herekitty1960 View Post
Now that prescription meds are easier to come by with the Prescription Assistance Programs I'm not so much worried about my meds

I will have no choice but to accept Medicare and Medicaid once (and if) I am approved by SSDI. I don't see anything wrong with that - I paid into the system for years just so I would have the benefit of the services should I need them.
Please don't misunderstand my PERSONAL (as it pertains to ME) perspective on this, because I certainly don't think people in need SHOULD feel at all guilty about being forced into this situation. I don't think there are too many people who would prefer this way of life . . . even though it might look glamorous from the outside.

Nothing comes for free though. These drug companies do not do this out of the goodness of their heart, or at the expense of their bottom line. Every time they hand out these drugs, they jack up the costs to their paying consumers (and insurers) to balance this out. At the end of the day, they are still generating billions, and meeting their profit margins.

That's the way any social safety net works, whether that be provided by our government or a for-profit business.

It doesn't take long for $5,000 a month in expenses to accumulate to the amount we've paid in over a lifetime. Unfortunately, there's not a lot we can do about it in our situation . . . however, these costs are something we need to appreciate, for the greater good of the economy, etc.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
Victor H (07-12-2008)