Thread: child with MG
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 12:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

I'm so sorry to hear you and your son are going through this. I was recently diagnosed with MG so it's still new to me, too, but IT CAN BE CONTROLLED! I'm part of a support group here in San Antonio, Texas, and they know of a set of twin boys who (if I'm not mistaken) are about your son's age. I'll get in touch with the group and see if I can get her contact information, or at least pass your information along to them. These little boys are doing great, so please don't give up. I think the scariest thing is the very nature of this disease; you never know what kind of day you are going to have.......Have they started yout son on any meds yet? How did the docs know it was MG? I do know that YOU are going to need a lot of support, too, so please feel free to contact me anytime if you want to talk. I also have a son and he is the love of my life, so I can't imagine what you are going though right now, but would like to help. There will be bad days, but soon the good days will outweigh them, so don't give up! I'll also keep you and your son in my prayers. Take care! Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHo View Post
I am the mother to an 8-year-old son who was diagnosed with MG in March this year. Anyone else out there been where I am going? My little man was also diagnosed last year with Grave's Disease. Any and all information would be tremendously appreciated.
erinhermes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote