View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 08:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs down TOS and RSD: please weigh in with your sx

Hi all:

I think I am developing RSD... or is it something else?

I am constantly battling sweats vs. chills. Yes, I am on HRT and this is something different from hot flashes. All night long I go between sweats and chills. Occasionally it's during the day too but ALWAYS at night. This weekend, I had chills in a very warm house with a blanket, BF and a teeny lap dog keeping me warm. Then I began to get a burning sensation on my right leg - like a bad sunburn that went from the skin into the muscle... later in the day it spread to include my leg (hip to ankle) and my belly. It's 24 hours later now and the burning is still there, but just a bit weaker. I've had this burning issue before, even before my surgeries. Mostly in an ankle or hip joint, but it would last only an hour or two.

Oh God, I hope this is not shingles !!!

There is no skin discoloration, no shiney patches of skin. The affected limb may be a tiny bit cooler than the other limb... that's hard to tell by touch when you have TOS.

Are there any other sx I should pay attention to? Should I alert my GP? What helps aleviate the burning (non med)? I've been researching RSD and reading threads on the RSD Forum here at NT. Would really value the TOSsers opinion on this...

HELP, HELP, HELP!!!
Anne

"It is what it is."
astern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote