Old 07-13-2008, 07:17 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dllfo View Post
I like the idea of avoiding fillers, etc. but I would think you would need a special device for measuring such small amounts of powder wouldnt you?

I will increase my B1 intake to 300mg a day. As for Morphine, doesn't it act in a similar way to alcohol? Opiates depress the CNS --- same as alcohol. Certainly worth a try.

My wife and doctor have suggested I see a psychologist, but frankly, I don't trust them. I have never had a positive experience with one.
No--- morphine sits on specific receptors( opiate) in the brain.
Alcohol is generalized and considered an anesthetic.
This explains alcohol:
http://www.chemcases.com/alcohol/alc-07.htm

They are also metabolized differently, by the liver.
Morphine has a complex metabolism.

Alcohol being a very small simple 2 carbon with one OH -- has the H removed by dehydrogenases, converting it to an aldehyde. This metabolism is moderated by thiamine. Alcohol is very fat soluble and enters the CNS quickly..that is why it is considered an anesthetic.

I am unaware of a supplement to minimize morphine side effects.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote