View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 07:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello again! I'm sorry to hear you're down.......I know how frustrating it can be when you feel crappy.....I had kind of a bad day yesterday and it scared me. It's just so hard b/c one day we're almost back to normal, then it all falls apart. When I'm really weak I ice down my muscles and that seems to help a LOT, plus it relieves anxiety, and I did read something in one of the sites about icing down (bag of peas/corn/etc.) your muscles or eyes if they are tired.

I'm so sorry about your dog. I also had a beautiful little girl who was with me for 16 years that had to be put down 5 days after I was diagnosed, and I was too sick to go tot the vet with her. It was heartbreaking.

I know how hard it is, and do have you in my thoughts and prayers. It's perfectly normal to get upset about our disease, especially since so few paople actually KNOW anything about it, and usually chalk it up to depression. We are going to be great however - BETTER than before! We're going to be stronger and wiser and (hopefully, in my case) more sympathetic to others from now on.

Please take care of yourself; don't over do it! Try and get lots of rest and surround yourself with loved ones. (Also, seriously try the ice thing, it may really help and certainly won't hurt anything) Also, give me a "buzz" if you want to talk. I'm here for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtail View Post
I'm posting this thread because I REALLY need to talk to someone, and I don't want to dump on my family. I know before when I've been down I've come here for support, and you've all been wonderful, so I really just need to talk to people who really understand.

My dear dog Ned had to be put to sleep about 2 months ago, one week before my birthday. He'd been with me for 14 wonderful years, but he was very sick, with liver spleen and stomach cancer, so now he is running with all his mates up in the big paddock in the sky.

I started to get a cold late May, and it turned sinusy, ended up in hospital with a raging temperature. Thankfully only stayed 3 days.

Now my MG is just awful, I can hardly type, and doing everyday things like washing dishes is a chore, its frustrating after doing so well for a while. Just when I seem to be doing well something comes along.

Sorry to whinge, I think I just need to get things off my chest,

I hope you are all doing a little better than me
take care
redtail
erinhermes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
redtail (07-14-2008)