View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 01:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Spinal Cord Stimulator -- need info

On Tuesday my husband will see a neurosurgeon who may recommend a scs. A pain clinic doctor recommended it about a year ago and my husband was very against the idea. I think he is still against it but is willing to go hear what this doctor has to say. I think he is just plain and simply scared of having something implanted in him, scared of it making the pain worse or of the doctor screwing him up worse (since his hip replacement caused this to begin with). I'm trying to find out what I can about spinal cord stimulators -- are they painful, what is the typical recovery time, has it made a difference in your pain and activity level. Right now my husband hurts constantly but he still tries to do things like cut the grass or chores around the house, but he suffers terribly for it. He thinks that if it will just reduce his pain by 20% that it's not worth it and he'll just keep doing what he can do today and just live with it. I'm trying to explain that this disease progresses and that it's better to try and reduce his pain now, because afterall the pain meds will probably stop being effective. Is this something I should really try and encourage him to do? The Pain Clinic doctor recommended it and then just dropped it.
Lisa I is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote