View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamala View Post
I've tested positive to antibodies twice now and I've been on the Tysabri since last October. I'm really scared now. I don't have any idea what to do. My neuro told me that there is a lot of controversy whether to keep people on it (if they aren't having attacks, etc). I've not had any attacks but I have no idea if there is damage going on in the brain. My neuro is going to keep me on it and see. I wonder if anyone has any information on this?
Hi Pamala and welcome to NeuroTalk!

There are lots of us on Tysabri and we have a thread at the top of the page in the "sticky" section specifically for Tysabri users. You'll find the good, the bad, and the ugly up there, so please come join us and read the thread.

Have you had an MRI since you tested positive for antibodies? If so, what did it show?

I haven't tested positive for antibodies and haven't had any attacks or bad reactions so far and I go for #16 next week.

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
Riverwild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote