View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 02:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me BP? View Post
I wish I was sleeping but my net went down at it just came back up.

I started weaning off the Effexor yesterday by half. I started on 25 mg Lamictal, 750 mg Depakote and I haven't taken the Seroquel yet because I'm afraid.

It doesn't hurt or anything it's more of an annoying thing. I almost feel like something is under there and my mind is racing terribly. I haven't slept at all because of the buzzing in my head and just being afraid. I'm afraid I'm getting manic again and my last one was terrible. I don't want to be like that again.

I didn't call my pdoc because I didn't want to disturb her, wanted to get off on the right foot. The pharmacy opens at 9AM and I'll call there and see what they have to say. Then if need be I'll call her.

Hi,
I'm new to this site but when I read your post I felt really strongly about replying to you. I hope you don't mind. I have a son with bipolar he was diagnosed when he was nine and is now 16 years old and finally doing well on his meds. He took Seroquel for several years and although it helped alot he is no longer taking it as they found a better drug combination to meet his body requirements. I would definitely call your doctor if you have concerns about the medicine and if you don't feel comfortable with it maybe he or she could suggest something else to help you out.Seroquel is a drug that will calm you and with it my son found it so much easier to deal with life and all the anxiety that goes with it. He has been through so much in his life already but now is stronger for it. You know what is right for you. You are smart that you are realizing you don't want to go into a maniac phase.. at least you realise what is happening here. Alot of people with bipolar disease unknowing slip into a maniac phase so call your doctor and don't worry about bothering them without you the patient they would be out of business. They are working for you so don't feel like you are bothering them. I'm sure they would want to address your concerns. This of course is your decision and only yours ..but I hope it might help you to know my son took the same med without any side effects for several years. Maybe that might put your mind at ease if not he is taking a medication now that has really stabilized his moods and helped him so much it is called abilify. That and Tenex manage his bipolar disease now and he is off the Depakote he was taking since he was diagnosed at age nine. I'm not a doctor so I don't know what is right for you but maybe you can discuss the options available to you and you and your doctor can come up with a working plan for your meds. Best of luck I hope everything turns out well for you. Just keep your environment as low stress as you can until you have a solid med change ready and you are doing better. That has always helped my son when he felt like he was going to go over that edge and he hates it too.
Robyn
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (09-28-2009)