View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 04:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Lisa,

I know what your hubby is going thru. I had my trial scs last Oct. It was only for 4 days, but what a difference it made. I've had rsd for over 5 years, starting in my toes, and now I have it in both feet and legs. I've been forced to be in bed or a wheelchair for most of the 5 years. The trial does leave you sore, but by day 3 I got up (slowly) and put on shoes and socks and went to a home and garden how with just a crutch to help. My back hurt from the surgery, but it helped so much with my feet/legs. I then had the perm implanted 2 days before Thanksgiving. Did it hurt.....Yes....was it worth it? Oh yes. Recovery is long and you have to do what the drs. tell you. People have problems with the leads moving, but that seems to be (most of the time) because they are doing too much to soon. If he does what he is told, (and it will be hard on you, because when the pain from the surgery stops hurting so much, he will want to start moving and he can't).he should be fine. I have horses here at my farm, and I haven't been able to be with them for a few years. I'm now back to taking care of them and cleaning the stall, and sometimes riding my tractor. It does still take me a long time to do things, and I have to rest up quite a bit, but it is worth it. I have some of my life back, and I am planning my youngest daughters wedding for this Sept. I could never have done any of this with the scs. It is very scary, and you do have to go thru a psych eval before you get one. The scs can be programmed with quite a few programs, all giving different senations. I like a deep thumping that is almost like a heart beat. some people like a much higher feeling. It is so easy to have it adjusted, and adjusted from time to time it must be. I just finished recharging my battery which I do by plugging into a plug a group of transformers and wires that go to a belt that I wear around my hips. I only have to do this every 6 wks or so. no problem.
Good luck, and have him listen to his dr. the trial is just that. If he hates he then he doesn't get the perm. he's in control of it.

Hugs
Mary