View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 05:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore2 View Post
I have also had "midly" abnormal test results --modulating Abs of 24, with 20 being the upper limits of normal, and a SFEMG in which a few fibers were abnormal. My local doc says he is not convinced it is MG, despite the fact I take Mestinon (which helps alot) and get IVIG every 3 weeks.

Fortunately I'm going to get another opinion (although at this point I'm not holding my breath).

Have they at least tried you on Mestinon? With your other autoimmune diseases, are you on prednisone or other immunosuppressant?

I know it really sucks being told that they don't know what is wrong...and consequently do nothing to help.

Hang in there
I'm sorry to hear that your doctor is not convinced. I hope the other doctor will be able to give you a diagnosis - even though it's a horrible one to get, it's better than having no name for it. At least before my first diagnosis I almost began to think it was all in my head.

I haven't tried Mestinon. I still wait for further examinations to confirm the blood test. I used to get prednisone, but last time I got it, I had so many side effects, that I decided to wean out of it. I might have to go back, but I really really don't hope so.
Snifhvide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote