View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 08:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default First FLARE and Transverse Myeletis(sp)?

Hi All,

I have not posted in a long time because things have not been too bad for me and also with the wrm weather I have just been enjoying the summer the best I can,

Last week though, I started to get really bad pains in my right shoulder blade which is not that un-common with me because I had a broken C-5 vertebre in 1999 and that is where the pain was at that time.

This past week I started to get it REALLY bad just like when I had the broken neck......BUT, I have had absolutely NO trama lately and this pain just started to get BAD.......

Well, Yesterday I woke up and the whole area from the top of my stomach all the way to my toes was numb on BOTH sides. I went to the emergency room and they did a FULL mri of my whole spine and head, they THINK I have transverse myelitis, they started me on Solumedral and said I could go home for the other 2 doses from the home health care nurse, they did not have the report to the MRI so they said they would prefer I stay in the hospital but I said no way. I am just numb, no loss of anything that TM reports like bowel or bladder or loss of limb strength........

I told them if ANYTHING get worse I will check back into the ER...

In the meantime I have taken my second dose of SM with the third in about 10 minutes and maybe by THEN they will have a full report on the MRI.........

There is a lot more things surrounding the hospital episode to explain here but I would like an opinion if possible on anyones experiences with transverse Myelitis.

Do you think I did the right thing by rebuking the hospital stay?

I am only 15 minutes from the hospital so getting back there is not a problem if things DO progress...

Thanks all and I hope you guys are doing ok as OK can be

Joe
Dxd RRMS 12/23,06, Copaxone 2/07 to 9/07 - Rebif 10/07 to 7/08, BAD flare with Transverse Myelitis & Pancreatitis.....,9/08 Pseudo Cyst!!!! and another TM attack. Started Tysabri 9/22/08 - 10/21 Allergic reaction to Tysabri, SSDI Approved 11/14!! Continued Ty 11/17 with a Pre-medicate. Solumedral 12/11-12/13 Ty #5 Jan 12th!
JoeMac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote