View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 01:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Post Does anyone know...

Hi all,

I haven't been on here for awhile. For some reason, when braintalk was gone for awhile, and then came back, my user name was flowerlayd i/o flowerlady! Weird....

Anyway, I have TOS in both arms, and most recently had a scalene block. I did get some relief for a short time, and botox was recommended. However, it is $700 for both sides and my insurance won't cover it. I had quit my job in January but now need to find another one to pay for the botox. Has anyone had good results with botox?

The other thing, I have these little trigger points in my biceps that get really hard and painful. Yesterday I started working on them to get them to losen up-I used (I know this is going to sound strange...) the remote control from the tv and pressed as hard as I could. When I pressed on the area, My hand got really tingly (well, it's always tingly but this was like if you hit your funny bone). Today it's still really bad and I cannot use my left hand to grasp anything! Does anyone have those trigger points or whatever they are called, and do you think I did permanent damage? The numbness is worse from the middle finger to the thumb and back of the hand. It feels like someone numbed it with anesthetic or something.

I also have severe pains in my elbows, shoulders and forearms. I take Neurontin, noritryptiline, muscle relaxants, and Tramadol. It hurts to type this but I'm at my wit's end and need some help and support! I have been to a Dr in Seattle (Dr. George Thomas) but I don't want to do the surgery because of all the stories I have heard.

I welcome any and all comments! Thanks!
flowerlayd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote