View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 01:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

dahlek,

I saw what you wrote about flossing being difficult.... I was wondering if you ever tried "Plackers"?

http://www.plackers.com/

I use the "engage" type of plackers because that type has a larger handle and is the easiest to use. The "engage" type are the ones on the far right side of the top row in the link above...

My local store used to only carry the regular type, and then I found the "engage" type online and asked the store to carry those on their shelves as well - and the manager ordered them that day and they have been on the shelf ever since

My husband has PN, which is mostly in his feet but he occasionally had problems with numbness in his hands/fingers... and when his hands/fingers are numb he uses the plackers instead of regular floss - because as you pointed out using regular floss when your fingers are numb can be dangerous and do more harm than good.

Anyway, I like the plackers and so I thought I would share the link in case they are able to help you too.

Liz
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote