View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 10:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman View Post
When I was going throught my initial diagnoses stage, one doctor mentioned this as a possibility. No firm dx,, no name to the procedure, no outline of side effects, just an offhand "well, we could try to cut the nerve..." This just sounded totally wrong to me.

After I discussed this with my PCP, he was shocked and exclaimed "Don't go cutting any nerves! They will never grown back, and it might not do anything." This was in 1986. He did not know what I had, or how to treat it, but he knew that cutting apart nerves sounded very extreme for a 33-year-old man.

I would say - approach with caution. Know everything you can, since this still sounds like a last-resort kind of thing to me.

Good luck

Mike
Dear Mike that is why im upset i had thoracic out let sydrome and he took out the first rib, some sclene muscles and a cervical sympathetectomy. And now i have RSD but he new there was a possiblety that i allready had from my other surgery on my shoulder that was 6 months apart. So why did he do that i feel he didnt read my records saying possible rsd. The big jerk im only 44 and he runied my life.
fire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote