Thread: Ruling out MG
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 02:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Shari

Sorry that your in limboland

I had a SFEMG done on my forearm and my thigh muscle, both were negitive. I've since read that in order for it to have any accurasy, its suppose to be done on a facial muscle. There was someone on the obt that had a weak eye, so when she got to her appointment she sat and read. After 20 min of reading her eye was defenitly droping, and when they did the SFEMG there, sure enough, it was positive for jitter. I think that someone should really try and exercise as much as posssiable before any testing is done. Even the first blood test that I had, the doctor who ordered the test, he didn't think I had MG, but told me to go and do at least 20 min of exercise before the blood test. I did and it came back borderline. The last test I did, I didn't do that. In fact it was a 5 hr drive for me to see the dr and so I was really rested, this was not a good thing. I've never had a dr test strength and this is what is not ever tested from other dumb neuros.

SFEMG hurt, but not as bad as the EMG test They basically stick a needle thats hooked up to a wire into your muscle and then ask you to flex and relax the muscle. Its not that bad, but stick it in your facial muscle, well........ maybe not.

There are other reason for the symptoms that your having, MS being one, this is were I started, and still doing. Hopefully one day they will know whats wrong and well maybe have something to fix the problem. Until then I try and do things for myself, I changed my diet, and that helped emmensly as well as adding B12.

I hope that you keep reading and learning, really you are the only one that can help yourself. Doctors only are suppose to be helpful guides, although some think there gods. Take care, Patricia
turner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote