View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 03:01 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi,
I was applying for SSDI when I went through voc rehab for retraining, I settled my w/c. My workers comp did not affect the voc rehab, the voc rehab did not affect the SSDi when I received it also. When I applied for SSDI I told them I was in college under a voc rehab gave my case worker. I since graduated, have been provided equipment to work.

In August I gave mny ticket to work to voc rehab for the equipment, I ws not sent a CDR this year as I would ahve expected for three years.

I have not had a quater qulifying as SGA by a letter sent from SSDI. They deemed I had no medical improvement.

If I work under the $900 for 2007,. am deemed as not medically improved I could potentially be on SSDI and earn $900 a month, after they take my gross earnings and deduct the medical needed medications etc. (If I needed transportation).

So far I only work 10 hours a week and earn about $500 gross a month.

I received about $5,000 in grants from voc rehab for college and it did not in any way affect my SSDI. They also paid for glasses.

In fact I rent a home, and it is not earned income, so it does not affect my SSDI!
Dianne

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote