View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 09:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default More Tests

Hi CZ,
My advice to you is to set up an appt. with an neuro or epileptologist and have them handle the case. A CT scan isn't going to show as much as an MRI will or an e.e.g just make sure when and if you have the MRI done that they do it where they give you a shot of the dye that makes you feel hot for a couple of min. I can't remember the name of the dye but take my word it shows a lot of detail that a CT scan won't show. What the Dr. should do is do an MRI taking a few pictures without the dye and then give you a shot and the dye will go through your system and they can get more detail taking a few more pictures with the dye. As far as the e.e.g. have the Dr. order a sleep deprived e.e.g that will probably show more. A sleep deprived e.e.g. is when a person has to stay awake all night and can't go to bed. This in turn can trigger sz. for many people. Lack of sleep, and stress are the 2 main things that can cause sz. If neither of these tests show any problems it could be that you have brain damage to deep in the brain and the tests aren't showing it. That happened with me on the left side of my brain. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You! Thanks for keeping me posted.

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote