View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Steroids have never proven to be of assistance, not in any trials or from what I've gathered talking to others, but you have already done them so that's ok. Like I said, I know some people do them anyway, because they want to do "something" . . .

It's neurological pain and sensations, so I haven't really seen anything that helps significantly. Some people try Baclofen, Neurontin, even narcotics and valium. I am trying to remember what another lady I know said she was taking . . . but I'll have to look that up again.

Personally, I took only Naproxen, 500 mg X 2 per day. That was during the worst period, and only seemed to take the edge off the back pain. I am very sensitive to meds though, so my doctors carefully weigh out the pros and cons before they recommend anything to me.

Admittedly, and thankfully, I have a very high tolerance to pain, ever since I was very little. My first indication of pain is MAJOR "mental confusion", then I have to try and analyze what it is that is hurting. This has its advantages, however when pain is not managed properly, it ultimately becomes unmanageable. By that time, will take much longer to get it under control again.

Neurological pain is a different kettle of fish though, and I FELT it.

I don't have any magical answers, unfortunately.

Let us know when you hear for sure if it is TM.

Cherie