View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Vic, I am not sure how someone can debate the "ethics" of utilizing a social assistance/government taxed-based assistance program (whatever you want to call them), without appreciating what the specific criteria for that particular assistance program is.

Medicare:
65 = 65
Disabled = Not able to work and on SS (or similar disability)

Medicaid:
Low income = low income

Our governments give back all sorts of money, just like they recently did with the Stimulus checks. If I'm not mistaken, that payment is based on the number of our dependants we have . . .? Now, if by chance our kids' birth certificate was inaccurate (but LEGAL), and that meant we got more benefits . . . then clearly it is unethical to accept that payment (even if it is "legal"). What we should be doing is fixing their birth certificate, not claiming benefits because we CAN.

What the person who is (legally) hiding assets should be doing is NOT hiding them, and let the chips fall where they may.

Cherie

Last edited by lady_express_44; 07-15-2008 at 11:49 AM.
lady_express_44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Victor H (07-15-2008)