View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 12:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Connection between autoimmune diseases and allergies

Hi Everyone, we have battled some pretty tough allergies in our family. My daughter had severe food allergies and I always read that what follows these are autoimmune diseases (allergies are from an overactive immune system. It is reacting to harmless things. If it continues to overreact it will then start to attack your own body). My daughter's food allergies are a thing of the past now that we found our alternate doc and he fixed her messed up gut normal flora and gave her food allergy shots (LDA). I am undergoing the same treatment. Anyway, that was the background... My cousin through marriage was diagnosed with MS within the last decade. She lives far away and I was not in contact with her or her husband. I just saw her husband a few weeks ago and told him about this allergy/autoimmune connection. As we talked we realized that his wife has the same food allergy symptoms that I had. I did not have the typical symptoms of food allergy. I had reflux, stomach pain and hemorrhoids (from the inflammation). I would never have realized that I had food allergies until after my daughter was successfully treated then I went to the same doc and said please treat my toiletry allergies (I was allergic to all shampoo, soaps, etc.). He said you have food allergies too and I said "I do not!". On the drive home I thought about my GI symptoms and that yes, these could be from allergies. I was tested (direct injection of allergens into arm, not scratch test or blood test) and yes, I was allergic to 80% of the foods that he tested. Anyway, any feedback?
Sannah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bearygood (07-15-2008), SallyC (07-16-2008)