View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 12:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi, Sannah. I have actually started to research this just recently. Not just food allergies but allergies in general (airborne, chemical, etc.). Although things come and go for me, the most recent steady sx I have are waking up in the morning with my hands feeling like they're full of fluid and numb -- the feeling isn't as pronounced as the day goes on but it does remain. (A few months ago it was tingling but with a few shakes I was good to go.)

I know this could be the beginning of an arthritic thing (autoimmune unto itself) and even with that thought alone, I'm a little suspicious. I have wall-to-wall carpeting in my bedroom, inherited from the previous owner, and I think it's chock full of dust. For about a week I slept in the second bedroom which has no carpeting and about the third day in, I noticed my hands were NOT bothering me like they had. I returned to the bedroom and it started again. Yesterday afternoon I bought some Benedryl to see if it would do anything and I THINK it actually helped. There's more to my story but the carpet suspicion put me over the edge (I cannot WAIT to have it removed!)

So whatever connection and IF there is one, I think it's interesting, just even on a symptomatic level. I can't say this is what caused lesions on my brain but I think it has something to do with the way the way my sx are presenting. Also, my last blood tests showed allergens -- first time EVER.

I don't know how or if this connects but when they do MS research in mice, the disease they give them (EAE) stands for Experimental Autoimmune encephalomyelitis but is ALSO sometimes referred to as Experimental ALLERGIC Encephalomyelitis. Like I said, I'm just starting to look into this.
Bearygood is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (07-16-2008)