View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 01:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default mucuna plus Whey Glutathione protein powder, and an electric scooter

ditto for mucuna being helpful. I mix the Zandopa with powder from capsules from the AFI mucuna that Fiona sent me a link to. I have to titrate carefully, but find 1/4 tsp. daily is best for me, as more gives me dyskinesias. Seems, (as with everything PD) that it has to figured out in a very individualized way. I've been able to go down on my Stalevo 50 from 1 1/2, to one every 3 hours. When I feel good, I feel great.
It still takes alot of tweaking, and a muggy, humid day seems to cancel out everything good I try to do for myself once I hit the air outside.
I'm also taking a half scoop of whey glutathione powder,(from NOW) whisked into my oj every morning, which helps with energy, and which my PD expert on complementary medicine, Cyndy, swears by.
Obviously, I try to remember to time it so the protein is an hour away from my levadopa.
The mucuna does help with everything, especially mood.
Finally, as a reward for 4 miles a day on my Schwinn recumbent bike, and stretching, and sometimes doing Qi Gong with my wonderful DVD, I get to use my brand new travel-friendly electric scooter to go out when I'm unsure of going off. Look at Pride Scooters online, and check out the lower priced ones that your neurologist can write a scrip for, and Medicare or insurance can pay part of cost, if you do it right.
I feel like I took the world back in terms of freedom to be out and about, and even ride it straight into stores and local restaurants. Leonore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona View Post
Yeah, me too. And I havenīt experimented with the Zandopa yet, just the mucuna from the Vitamin Shoppe. But what a thrill to email my doctor to say, uh, you know those 6 Sinemets I used to take every day? Well, I`m not really taking those now...SEND!!!!! What a feeling.
leonore is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote