View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 02:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile I'm new too

Hi. I'm new too. After C3-C7 ACDF on 5/30 I am ready to talk about it. What I have noticed after being on so many boards reading for the past six weeks is everyone is different so it makes it very hard to compare. My advice is do your research, go in with your eyes wide open to the recovery and the complications. I am a very healthy, active 50 year old female and to put it mildly this surgery has knocked me on my ... I am finally feeling somewhat human and getting stonger each day. The good news is that all of my symptoms, pain and headaches in my neck and left side are almost gone. However, be aware of the other complications in swallowing and talking. Research dyphasia and dysphonia complications post-op. There are big risks, albiet not life-threatening nor permanent, but it has been a challenge to say the least. I've been told I'm an extreme case with complications resulting in two weeks of hospitalization and still off of work due these, but I know in the long run the surgery will be worth it. I was to the point of not being myself, in pain everyday and had to make the decision to go through it. Good news - now walking 2 - 3 miles per day and beginning to be social again - doctors orders!! Can't wait to scream, yell and be obnixous again. Best of luck with your decision. Sounds like you have a great support with your husband. I did too - that makes a big difference too.
Herman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote